POSITION: Maintenance Tech
REPORTS TO: G.M.
WORK HOURS: Monday through Friday (may change) 8:00 am – 5:30 pm (may vary), rotating availability for on-call emergencies.
FUNCTION AND ROLE: Maintains facilities at the direction of the Manager and Board including but not limited to mechanical systems, equipment and property. Working knowledge with hand tools, power tools, experience in basic carpentry, basic mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Complete maintenance requests
- Inspect facilities and equipment on regular basis for operations and any potential hazardous conditions which may or may not exist
- Inspect and maintain community areas, pool & spa, landscaping areas, dumpster areas, and other recreational or common areas
- Check and inspect all Community roads, walks, entry way, garages and gates regularly
- Develop maintenance programs for community common area elements and facilities
- Completes daily check lists and documents activities
- Obtain, assign and complete work orders for maintenance items
- Assist vendors or sub-contractors that may be called to the Community
- Keep, maintain and secure Community Property (tools)
- Maintain inventory of supplies needed for the Community as approved
- Accountable for individual performance, equipment, supplies, product quality, personal safety and the safety of others
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all Residents, Vendors, Contractors, and Staff
- Snow removal and maintenance as necessary
- Pick-up trash throughout Community
- General and Preventative Maintenance, repair and replacement as needed
- Cleaning, sweeping, hosing sidewalks, parking garage and driveways, etc.
- Remove graffiti, painting, drywall repair, etc. as applicable
- Assist Management and Staff as needed
- 1. Capable of working extended hours, including holidays and weekends as necessary
- 2. Able to see well enough to read faint or partially obscured writing or printing with corrective lenses
- 3. Position involves standing and movement throughout the day. Must be able to transport oneself around the property.
- 4. Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- 5. Position will alternate between working indoors in controlled climate and proper lighting to an outdoor setting with variable climate and lighting
- 6. Must be able to lift heavy load utilizing safe work methods
- 7. Must be able to interact with all types of individuals, be mentally alert, detail-oriented with good reasoning, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- 8. Must have the ability to work on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes or delays. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently and cheerfully under such circumstances
- 9. Obligated to work effectively and cheerfully in an environment which may be stressful due to adverse situations resulting from the proper performance of duties
- This is not a full list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, priority assignments or technological developments.)